Owner's Representative and Construction Manager
Broward, Dade and Palm Beach Counties in South Florida
Most people do not have the experience to manage a construction project. It takes lot of experience to properly navigate through the maze that a construction project can be. Consequently, a construction monitoring firm can offer many benefits. There are two basic types of professionals that can assist you on a construction project. These are as follows:
- Project Manager (also known as a Construction Manager)
- Owner's Representative
A Project Manager is a generic term for a professional that manages construction projects. This person can manage the contractor, a subcontractor, or any other company that is part of a project. On the other hand, an Owner's Representative, is a person that represents and protects the Owner. To emphasize, an Owners Representative is the precise term to be used if you are looking for a construction professional to represent you.
There are many services that an Owner's Representative can provide. These services include the following:
- Inspect the quality of the work.
- Check invoices for accuracy
- Conflict Resolution
- Scheduling the work
- Supervise safety
- Check change orders
- Organize and attend periodic coordination meetings
- Represent the Owner in meetings and calls
- Sign off on documents for the Owner
- Coordinate and manage the design professionals
- Provide general consulting to the Owner
Certainly, complex and larger projects demand the presence of an experienced Owner's Representative. It is an investment that should not be overlooked.
Hiring an owner's representative will also allow you to focus on doing what you do best. He will provide you peace of mind knowing that your project will be run in an efficient manner and actually help the project run smoother and ensure that you are getting your moneys worth. As your Owner's Representative, we represent your interests. As such, ee are your eyes and ears on the jobsite ensuring the quality you expect.
Here are Some Construction Monitoring Benefits:
There are many benefits to investing in a Construction Consultant. We must point out that the operative word is "investment". The following are other benefits to having an Owner's Representative on your project:
- Safety - The Owners Representative will notify subcontractors of any unsafe practices.
- Security - This construction professional will verify milestones before payment are made.
- Scheduling - They will also ensure that the job done in timely manner.
- Quality - He will also make sure the job is completed as per the plans.
- Project Management - They will also manage the administrative side of the contract including change orders.
- Time Management - A good Owner's Representative will take care of the burdensome and time-consuming details that will take up a lot of an Owners time.
- Last but not least, an Owner's Representative will set up the job correctly at the beginning. Typically, if a project begins on the wrong foot, then it will likely end that way. The adverse costs to the Owner are immeasurable.
What are the Costs?
Typically, the costs for hiring an Owners Representative depends mostly on the size of the job. Correspondingly, large jobs require more attention. The costs are also affected by the complexity of the project. Most Project Managers are hired on an hourly basis for a specific set of tasks. Other construction professionals prefer to be hired at a lump-sum monthly rate. In fact, these terms are typically negotiable to suit your needs. Either way, it is important that your Construction Consultant provides you with a detailed breakdown of his duties and tasks.
Needless to say, one should invest some time into finding the right professional. A quick search on LinkedIn, Google, and a DBPR licensee can yield interesting information. Finally, you should always ask for references.
These are Some of the Cities we Provide Services to:
- Coconut Creek
- Cooper City
- Coral Springs
- Dania Beach
- Deerfield Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Hallandale Beach
- Hillsboro Beach
- Lauderdale Lakes
- Lighthouse Point
- North Lauderdale
- Oakland Park
- Pembroke Park
- Pembroke Pines
- Pompano Beach
- Sea Ranch Lakes
- Southwest Ranches
- West Park
- Wilton Manors
- Bal Harbor
- Coral Gables
- Key Biscayne
- Miami Beach
- Miami Gardens
- Miami Shores
- Miami Springs
- North Bay Village
- North Miami
- North Miami Beach
- South Miami
- Sunny Isles Beach
- Virginia Gardens
Call for a FREE consultation with Gregorio Batista, PE, CGC -- (954) 434-2053
Se Habla Espanol